What We Do
Parents, teachers, and staff work together to support our educational community by providing both financial and volunteer assistance with everything from field trips and classroom infrastructure, to educational assemblies and building or playground materials.
Connecting with the PTA is a great way to learn more about your school and communicate with school staff and other families.
- Find out about school- or district-level changes that will affect your student.
- Learn about community resources with and from other parents.
- Pitch your ideas for helping the school to parents and staff.
- Learn ways to support your children's elementary education and set them up for success in middle school and beyond.
In addition to the events and activities that the PTA sponsors throughout the year, the PTA supports the following school resources:
Book bin (give-a-book/take-a-book; located in the main hallway)
Drop Everything And Read (D.E.A.R)
Teacher appreciation week
Classroom computers and technology
Winter clothing drive
How Can I Get Involved?
The PTA is open to everyone! Your ideas, help, and your suggestions are welcome. We are all Leal School PTA!
Here are a few ideas on how to jump right in:
- Get on our PTA e-News list to stay in touch with PTA and school news and events. (Send us a request via the Contact Us page.)
- "Like" us on facebook to stay up-to-the-moment on PTA, school, and community events.
- Donate $10 to “join” Leal PTA. “Joining” maintains our not-for-profit status, but everyone is welcome to be part of Leal PTA regardless of “membership.” Forms can be found on the PTA table, inside the main hallway.
- Come to a meeting! (See PTA Meetings for more info.)
- Volunteer in the classroom, on the playground, in the library, with the Caldecott Readers program, or in the front office. (For more information on how to become a volunteer, visit the school's site.)
- Enroll in the eScrip program. 30% of the PTA budget comes from this program! PTA benefits from even the smallest purchases at Schnucks and other participating vendors (including Amazon); there is no minimum!